No. of Lessons:
Nitty Gritty Grammar Level 3
1 hr or 1 hr 30 mins (Suggested)
Native English teachers with a university degree ; related teaching experience, and/or teacher training such as TEFL, TESOL, CELTA, PGDE/PCEd, etc.
Course Name: Nitty Gritty Grammar Level 3
Level: Primary 3
No. of Lessons: 14 (Suggested)
Lesson Duration: 1 hr or 1 hr 30 mins (Suggested)
Instructors: Native English teachers with a university degree ; related teaching experience, and/or teacher training such as TEFL, TESOL, CELTA, PGDE/PCEd, etc.
Nitty Gritty Grammar is a comprehensive and engaging programme to help students become confident in using English. It is a fully integrated grammar reference and practice book to help students understand grammatical terms and usage which can be applied to everyday life. Little nuggets of information and facts are also provided throughout the different levels to keep students engaged and hopefully encourage them to learn more about a topic.
- Topic-based curriculum covering all essential grammatical areas of the English primary school curriculum. It also aligns with the Cambridge Young Learners grammar framework (Starters, Flyers, Movers).
- Comprehensive notes on grammatical usage and exceptions
- Clearly defined learning objectives included in each unit
- Animated illustrations and to aid comprehension
- A wide variety of exercises to test students understanding, including cloze summary and proofreading
- Handy grammar notes to recap the essential grammatical structures
Unit 1: Adjectives
- Describing people and things
- Describing weather
Unit 2: Prepositions
- Time and date (in / on / at / from…to / after / before)
- Place (at the front of / t the back of / in the middle of / by)
Unit 3: Phrasal Verbs
Unit 4: Present Continuous Tense
- Statements (am / is / are + verb (+ing)
- Questions (Is / Are…?) and negatives (is / are / I am not)
Unit 5: Simple Present Tense
- Statements (subject pronoun + verb)
- Questions (Do / Does…?) and negatives (do / does not)
Unit 6: Simple Past Tense
- was / were
- Regular verbs
- Irregular verbs
- Questions (Did / Was / Were…?) and negatives (did / was / were not)
Unit 7: Conjunctions
- and / but
- so / because
Unit 8: Yes / No questions
- Is there / Are there…?
- Was there / Were there…?
Unit 9: Question Words
- What / which
- When / where
- How (many / much)
Unit 10: Modals
- must / must not
- can / cannot / could / could not
Unit 11: Determiners
- some / any
- all / most / some
- both / every / another
Unit 12: Adverbs of Manner
Unit 13: Adverbs of Degree
- very / too + Adjective
- too many / too much
Unit 14: Giving Suggestions
- Shall we / I…?
- What / how about