No. of Lessons:
English Through Music and Films
Secondary 1 – Secondary 3
1 hr 30 mins (Suggested)
Native English teachers with a university degree ; related teaching experience, and/or teacher training such as TEFL, TESOL, CELTA, PGDE/PCEd, etc.
*Contact us via email at [email protected] or WhatsApp at 9846 7453 to obtain the password for the leaflet. Include your name, organization, and contact number in the message.
Course Name: English Through Music and Films
Level: Secondary 1 – Secondary 3
No. of Lessons: 6 (Suggested)
Lesson Duration: 1 hr 30 mins (Suggested)
Instructors: Native English teachers with a university degree ; related teaching experience, and/or teacher training such as TEFL, TESOL, CELTA, PGDE/PCEd, etc.
Leaflet: Click here
Discover the captivating world of English through music and films – delve into popular songs and movies and gain a profound appreciation for western culture while being inspired to learn the language.
Unit 1: Friendship
- Warm-up: Hum that Tune
- Song Introduction: You’ve Got a Friend in Me
- Listening and Writing: Fill in the Blanks
- Writing: Vocabulary Story
- Reflection: Friendship
Unit 2: Feelings and Emotions
- Warm-up: Guess the Emotion
- Film Introduction: Toy Story
- Discussion: How are the toys feeling?
- Role-Play: Meeting Buzz Lightyear
- Reflection: How would you feel?
Unit 3: Happiness
- Warm-up: Yes or No
- Song Introduction: Happy
- Grammar: Modal Verbs
- Reflection: What makes you happy?
Unit 4: Sounds and Costumes
- Warm-up: Sound Effects
- Film Introduction: Despicable Me 2
- Listening and Practice: Sound Effects
- Role-Play: The Most Magical Princess
- Consolidation: What would you dress up as?
Unit 5: Love
- Warm-up: Word Association
- Song Introduction: All You Need Is Love
- Grammar: Phrases with ‘can’
- Writing: Love Letter
- Consolidation: Love Language
Unit 6: Words and Problems
- Warm-up: What’s the Connection?
- Film Introduction: Love Actually
- Listening: A Brit in America
- Activity: British or American?
- Listening: Samuel’s problem
- Role-play: What would you do?