No. of Lessons:
Eureka English Summer Bridging Programme
1 hr – 1 hr 30 mins (Suggested)
Native English teachers with a university degree ; related teaching experience, and/or teacher training such as TEFL, TESOL, CELTA, PGDE/PCEd, etc.
Course Name: Eureka English Summer Bridging Programme
No. of Lessons: 5 (Suggested)
Lesson Duration: 1 hr – 1 hr 30 mins (Suggested)
Instructors: Native English teachers with a university degree ; related teaching experience, and/or teacher training such as TEFL, TESOL, CELTA, PGDE/PCEd, etc.
The aim of the course is to prepare Pre-S1 students for the secondary school life years ahead. Students are allowed to learn in a fun and friendly atmosphere. Students will be activated with useful vocabulary and expressions related to school life. By the end of the course, students will have good rapport with classmates and will be familiarised with their school.
- Helps develop a student’s outlook through the medium of English
- Covers themes on moral and civic responsibilities and social issues
- Combines language and drama training
- Strengthens speaking, listening, reading and writing skills through interactive activities
Unit 1: Self-introduction
- Introduction: Pop the emoji
- Useful phrases to introduce yourself
- Things we do in our free time
- What do you like to do?
- My family at home
- Talking about yourself and others
- Writing and speaking: My self-introduction
Unit 2: About My School
- Warm-up: Two truths and one lie
- About my new school (Quick facts: Motto, history, people, etc.)
- School subjects
- School tour: Facilities and locations
- Asking questions in the classroom
- Class rules and poem
Unit 3: Storytelling
- Warm-up: Mad-libs
- My favourite books
- Describing the environment
- Describing people and feelings
- Storytelling in 7 steps
- Storytelling worksheet
Unit 4: Fun English Activities
- Would you rather…?
- Speaking and drama:
– Warm-up 1: Tongue twisters
– Warm-up 2: What am I doing?
– Vocal count
– Best actor trophy
Unit 5: About the World
- Mapping the world:
– Contents, oceans, selected features
- Game: A-Z countries
- Activities: Which happened first?
- Video: History of the world
- The future of the world
– Group discussion
– Individual presentation
- Mapping the world: